As a leading global conservation organisation, every TNC office across the world adheres to high accountability standards. We transparently share information with the public about ourselves and how carefully and effectively we use donations.
Globally, The Nature Conservancy has been recognised by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies, underscoring our commitment to leading with integrity and prioritising ethical business practices.
- We legally registered as a Section 8 not-for-profit company in India on June 20th, 2017, under the name TNC-The Nature Conservancy Centre.
- We are also registered under Sections 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act. Our donors can avail 50% tax rebate on financial contributions made to us.
- We are guided by an India Advisory Board comprising experts in industry, science, government, and philanthropy.
- We work towards a vision of a vibrant and healthy India that is guided by sound science to manage its natural resources sustainably.
- We follow the Indian Financial Year from April to March and prepare our books of accounts and financial statements as per applicable accounting standards.
Your support can help safeguard India’s future.
When you make a tax-deductible donation to The Nature Conservancy, you’re supporting the most effective solutions to the environment’s most pressing challenges. Your contribution is so much more than a donation; it is an investment in the future of our planet.