The Nature Conservancy reserves the right to block access from a particular Internet address.
June 19, 2018
The Content (as defined below) available on this Website is intended to be a general information resource and is provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. You are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein. You should not construe TNC’s publication of the Content on this Website as a warranty or guarantee of the quality or availability of any goods or services.
By using this Website, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration and other information you submit, if any, is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of any information you provide; (c) you will not submit any personal information if you are under 13 years of age; and (d) your use of this Website does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
The content on this Website includes, but is not limited to, text, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, maps, trademarks, tradenames, service marks, logos, information obtained from TNC’s licensors, and other materials (“Content”). Title to the Content on this Website remains with TNC. TNC invites you to view and use a single copy of the materials obtained from this Website for your personal, non-commercial use. Except as expressly permitted on this Website, you agree not to license, distribute, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or re-sell any information, Content, or services obtained from this Website. No graphics, photographs or other visual elements obtained through this Website may be used, copied, or distributed separate from the accompanying text without the prior express written consent of the original owner or TNC. You are not permitted to use the materials on this Website except as expressly set forth herein. You may not under any circumstances attempt to deface, shut down or otherwise damage this Website. You may not, without TNC’s written permission, “mirror” any Content contained in this Website or any other server.
Any User Generated Content (UGC) functionality on this Website provides the opportunity to share knowledge and post other helpful or meaningful information. By submitting content or information of any type (a “Posting”) to the functionality, or by otherwise using the functionality to transmit or display a Posting, you automatically grant TNC and The Nature Conservancy a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform, and display such content or information (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content or information. You also acknowledge that such submissions are non-confidential for all purposes. Moreover, you agree that by using the UGC functionality you will not post or transmit any of the following materials:
- Anything that interferes with or disrupts the UGC or the operation thereof,
- Statements about candidates for political office,
- Statements or material that defames, harasses, abuses, stalks, threatens, or in any way infringes on the rights of others,
- Unauthorized copyrighted materials or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, trade secrets, or privacy of another,
- Statements or material that violates other contractual or fiduciary rights, duties, or agreements,
- Statements or material that encourages criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction,
- Statements or material that contains vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable language or images that typically would not be considered socially or professionally responsible or appropriate in person,
- Statements or material that impersonates any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including employees and representatives of TNC,
- Anything that violates the privacy or publicity rights of any other person,
- Statements or material that are off-topic, irrelevant, or inappropriate,
- Statements or material that constitute junk mail, spam, or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, and
- Files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or this Website.
As the UGC functionality is generally public, the user experience is enhanced when you follow these guidelines. Please also use netiquette. Please be succinct and stay on topic. Please remember to respect others and their opinions. TNC encourages open and sincere communication, but urges all users to remember that the UGC functionality is intended to be a resource for all.
The UGC functionality is owned by TNC. Please be aware that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy while using the UGC functionality. TNC cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the UGC functionality over the Internet or other global communication network and TNC is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. You must make your own determination as to these issues.
TNC may obtain access to, block, disclose, and review electronic transmissions and communications made through the UGC functionality at any time. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the UGC functionality may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. TNC also reserves the right to view, monitor, and document activity on the UGC functionality without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or documenting is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on the UGC functionality. TNC will also comply with all court orders involving requests for such information. In addition to the foregoing, TNC reserves the right at any time, and without notice, to modify, suspend, terminate, or interrupt operation of or access to the UGC functionality, or any portion of functionality, for any reason.
The Website may contain links to websites operated by other parties. TNC provides these links to other websites as a convenience, and use of these sites is at your own risk. The linked sites are not owned or operated by or under the control of TNC, and TNC is not responsible for the content available on the other sites. Such links do not imply TNC’s endorsement of information or material on any other site and TNC disclaims all liability with regard to your access to and use of such linked Websites.
Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and TNC, you must adhere to TNC’s linking policy as follows:
- The appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with TNC’s names and trademarks,
- The appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, endorsed by, or otherwise associated with TNC,
- When selected by a user, the link must display this Website on full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linking Website, and
- TNC reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and in its sole discretion. Use or misrepresentation of any of TNC’s logos, designs, images, photographs, slogans, trademarks or service marks in conjunction with the external links is not permitted.
TNC, in its sole discretion, or other end users through the use of UGC functionality may provide links to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information, products, and services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by TNC and are maintained by third parties over which TNC exercises no control. Use of these sites is at your own risk. Accordingly, TNC and The Nature Conservancy expressly disclaim any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party web sites and TNC and The Nature Conservancy disclaim all liability with regard to your access to and use of such linked websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement by TNC or The Nature Conservancy with respect to any third party, any information or material on any other site, any candidate for political office identified in a third-party site or any web site or the products or services provided by any third party.
The Nature Conservancy, The Nature Conservancy & Design, The Nature Conservancy Logos, Diversidata, Last Great Places, The Nature Conservancy International, Parks in Peril, Adopt An Acre, Rescue the Reef & Design, Virginia Coast Reserve, America Verde, Wings of the Americas, TNC, tnc.org, and all other names of The Nature Conservancy programs referenced herein are registered or common law trademarks of The Nature Conservancy in the United States. The Nature Conservancy and other trademarks are registered in several other countries, including without limitation Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Taiwan, and Venezuela. For more information, please contact The Nature Conservancy Legal Department at 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Arlington Virginia, 22203-1606 USA. Unauthorized use of any Nature Conservancy trademark, service mark or logo may be a violation of law.
All content on the website is provided to you on an “As is” “As available” Basis without warranty of any kind either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Neither tnc nor the nature conservancy make any warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any content available through the website. You are responsible for verifying any information before relying on it. Use of the website and the content available on the website is at your sole risk.
Neither tnc nor the nature conservancy make any representations or warranties that use of the website will be uninterrupted or error-free. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any content you may obtain from the website is free of viruses or other harmful code.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, tnc and the nature conservancy disclaim all liability, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and further disclaims all losses, including without limitation indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the website, even if the nature conservancy has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold TNC and The Nature Conservancy, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, due to or arising out of your use of this Website and/or breach of this Agreement.
If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that Content posted on this Website by a Nature Conservancy user infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice to Sonali Nandrajog, Communications Manager, at email@example.com with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The URL of the location on this Website containing the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The Website is operated by TNC from its offices in New Delhi, India. TNC makes no representation that the Content of this Website is available or appropriate for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Website from locations outside India do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
The Website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does TNC knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to TNC.
By submitting a Posting or providing any content on or through this Website, you hereby grant to TNC a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, limited license to reproduce, use, adapt, modify, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute and create derivative works from such content in any form, and TNC may sublicense all or part of its rights under this license or assign them to third parties. You represent and warrant that:
- You own the content posted by you on or through this Website or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and
- The posting of your content on or through this Website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. TNC may delete any content for any reason, including content that, in TNC’s sole judgment, is offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. TNC has the right, but does not assume the responsibility, for monitoring this Website for inappropriate content. You are solely responsible for the content of any Postings that you post on or through this Website.
It has been the long-standing policy of TNC not to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials, including, but not limited to, notes, drawings, concepts, comments, questions or answers, techniques, know-how, or other information (hereinafter “Submissions”) other than those specifically requested, such as UGC. The intent of this policy is to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by TNC’s professional staff might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. All Submissions, including unsolicited submissions and those made at the request of TNC, such as UGC, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and will be subject to the license granted in the preceding paragraph. TNC will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions.
You may be assigned a username and password with which to access restricted areas of this Website. You agree not to use the username or password of another user at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify TNC immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your username or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all uses of your username and password.
All claims arising out of this Agreement or relating to this Website will be governed by the laws of India. Any legal action or proceeding arising out of this Agreement or relating to this Website shall be shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts at New Delhi, India.
TNC reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of this Agreement, including without limitation the right to block access from a particular Internet address.